Dr Loh graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1995 with a Bachelor of Dental Surgery Degree. During her undergraduate days in dental school, Dr Loh obtained numerous awards and scholarship.
1) Edmund Tay Mai Hiong Gold Medal
- For best student in the 3rd Bachelor of Dental Surgery Professional Examination
2) Mummery Medal (Silver)
- For best student in Oral Pathology in the 3rd Bachelor of Dental Surgery Professional Examination
3) Singapore Dental Association Book Prize
- For highest marks and an ‘A’ grade in Medicine in the 3rd Bachelor of Dental Surgery Professional Examination
1) BDS 71 Scholarship
2) Dean’s List
- For good performance in the Final Bachelor of Dental Surgery Professional Examination
3) University Bronze Medal
- For best student in the Final Bachelor of Dental Surgery Professional Examination
4) F A C Ohlers Gold Medal
- For best clinical student in the Final Bachelor of Dental Surgery Professional Examination
5) Malaysian Dental Association Book Prize
- For highest marks and an ‘A’ grade in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in the Final Bachelor of Dental Surgery Professional Examination
Upon graduation, she was posted to School Dental Service. In School Dental Service, Dr Loh was involved in providing dental services in the primary and secondary schools. She is also involved in the teaching of dental surgery assistants, dental hygienists and dental therapists. In 1996, she was posted to Government Dental Clinic SGH. At Government Dental Clinic, Dr Loh was involved in the management of patients who requires specialist treatment .
In 1997, Dr Loh embarked on a 3-year Orthodontic program at Guys’, Kings’ and St Thomas’ School of Dental Medicine, the largest dental school in Europe. In 2000, she graduated with a Master of Science in Orthodontics from the University of London. In the same year she was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons and Membership in Orthodontics from the Royal College of Surgeons of England and Edinburgh.
Dr Loh was admitted as an Orthodontic Specialist with the General Dental Council, United Kingdom in 2000. In 2002, she was admitted as a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine and was enrolled as an Orthodontic Specialist with the academy.
Dr Loh has been in practice restricted to Orthodontics since 1997. As an Associate Consultant at the National Dental Centre, she is involved in clinical tutoring of the post-graduate orthodontic programme. She is also actively involved in the dento-facial deformity programme where patient with skeletal discrepancies or facial deformities such as cleft lip and palate were treated. In practice, she has been utilizing a variety of appliances [fixed/removable/lingual (invisible)] to treat the various kinds of dental and skeletal problems. Dr Loh is also a certified Invisalign provider with vast amount of experience in treating different cases with Invisalign.
Dr Loh is fluent in both Mandarin and English and is the most sought after lecturer. She has been actively giving lectures in the Asia region such as Taiwan and China. She is one of the first orthodontist in Singapore to use the self-ligating braces by 3M Unitek (Smartclip) and she has been sharing her experiences with orthodontists and dentists in the Asia region.